This policy sets out how Cityforum Ltd [“Cityforum”] uses and protects any personal information you provide.
Cityforum is committed to privacy for everyone who works with us and with whom we are in contact. Under the GDPR, we must comply with certain regulations which are designed to ensure that any data you provide to us is treated with due care and attention.
What data do we collect?
Cityforum collects a limited quantity of personal data to help with the organisation & development of our events & programmes under the lawful basis of legitimate interests. This data consists of [all or part of] your name, address, e-mail address, contact phone number(s) and company/ organisation/department where you work. This is the vast majority of data we hold.
We also store data for job applicants and for staff at Cityforum and this will include additional personal data included in your CV eg work history; for these individuals we may also store pertinent details such as a record of interviews and copies of correspondence.
What we do with the data?
We hold this personal data on our CRM system to help us establish & maintain contact with you/with relevant organisations and to enable us to develop our events and programmes in cooperation with you, or to invite you to participate/attend.
Cityforum involvement in data processing is minimal. Specifically we use your personal data:
– To enable Cityforum Directors and staff to contact you to discuss our programmes and/or to seek your advice.
– To invite you to specific, relevant events. For example, we would issue e-mail invitations to Defence events to persons with an interest in Defence.
– To enable us to liaise with you in regard to:
o Participation by yourself or your organisation in our events.
o Development of the Agenda – ie topics to be addressed – at our events.
o Consideration of future events to be run by Cityforum.
o The identification & inclusion of other parties at Cityforum events.
o Inviting you or others to attend a Cityforum event as a Guest, Speaker or Delegate.
– In the case of job applicants, to assess you for job vacancies at Cityforum. This may include sharing your data with third parties where the Directors deem it necessary eg for reference checking, criminal checking & psychometric testing.
– In the case of Cityforum employees, to share your personal data with our professional advisers and third parties – eg accounts/payroll (so pay is issued & payslips can be generated), HR, legal – as required in the course of personnel management.
We do not allow others to access or utilise the data we hold on you for any reason or relay it onwards to others. Should an individual or entity of good repute/known to us request your data, we would only release it after obtaining prior consent from you.
How is your data safeguarded?
The security of your personal data is extremely important to us. It is held on our CRM system access to which is only provided to our staff.
Should you transmit your personal data electronically, the data is held on servers hosted by our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of data via the internet is not 100% secure and although we will protect personal data within Cityforum to the best of our ability, we cannot guarantee the security of data you transmit to Cityforum; any transmission is at your own risk.
With effect from GDPR implementation (end May 2018) when you provide/we receive your details where these are new to us, we will assume you are content for Cityforum to hold your personal data subject to the Clauses & Conditions in this document [“Digital Consent”]. We assume Digital Consent applies to all those whose personal data we received prior to end May 2018.
You have the right to withdraw/have your data deleted at any time – see below.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
The data will be retained for the purposes of contacting you in the course of our normal activity or for historical purposes, unless its disposal is requested. We will review the data on our CRM system at regular intervals and where appropriate update or delete data that is no longer correct or relevant eg where an individual has left the company concerned.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of [or processing] your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing.
• Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How do you request your personal data, amend it or request removal from our database?
You may contact us at any point either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling (0044) (0) 1373 831900 by writing to us at Cityforum Ltd, Clifford Farm, Bath Road, Beckington, near Frome, SOMERSET BA11 6SH. We will remove your data within 30 days of receipt of a request for deletion.
If you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible; any found to be incorrect will be amended promptly.
How do we inform you of any policy changes?
Any policy changes, either due to business reasons or future changes in legislation, will be promulgated to you by e-mail.